Prices and Memberships
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING CORONAVIRUS CHANGES:
This page has not been fully updated following changes implemented for our reopening on 25th July. For the most up to date information please see our COVID Info page here.
- Standard Entry (from 4pm weekdays and all weekend): £8.50
- Off-Peak Entry (midweek before 4pm): £7.50
Adult members can also sign in and supervise a maximum of two guests (adults or children, but only 1 under 5 at peak times).
Students / Concessions / junior members (14-17)
Please bring a valid student card, or proof of concession (unwaged) when you visit. For information about becoming a Junior Member please see the First Visit page.
- Standard Entry (from 4pm weekdays and all weekend): £7.50
- Off-Peak Entry (midweek before 4pm): £6.25
Please let us know if you qualify for an over 60s discount.
- Peak Price (from 4pm weekdays and all day weekends): £7.50
- Offpeak (midweek before 4pm): £3.50
Children (under 14)*
- Weekends - £6.50
- Midweek after 4pm - £6
- Midweek before 4pm: £4.50
*Pricing structure is different for Mini Works slot bookings - see the booking page here.
All children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult member when climbing. Children aged 14-17 can be supervised by an adult member or can become Junior members.
IMPORTANT CHANGE TO SUPERVISION RATIOS: From 1st October 2018 adult members can supervise a maximum of 1 under 5 guest per adult at weekends & school holidays, adults members are able to supervise up to 2 over 5s at all times and 2 guests including under 5s midweek during term time. Please see here for more details.
We do ask that all users of the Climbing Works wear climbing shoes when on the walls. This helps to keep the holds a bit cleaner, and will also help your climbing too! There's quite a variety of sizes available to borrow - from very small shoes for the kids up to the largest adult sizes. Just ask at reception and we'll help you find your size!
- Shoe hire: £3
- Under 14 shoe hire: £2
- Under 8 years shoe hire: £1
To register to climb at the Climbing Works you must be a competent & confident boulderer with recent and regular experience of bouldering indoors. Visit the First Visit page to find out more about registration at the Climbing Works.
Registration Fee: £3
Annual membership can be paid in full, or via 12 monthly payments - the first prorated payment is made at reception and the remaining 12 by electronic funds transfer.
- Single up front payment: £405
- 12 monthly payments: £38 p/m
- Student/Concession/Junior/Over 60:
- Single up front payment: £324
- 12 monthly payments: £30.50 p/m
For more information about paying by EFT billing and to purchase an EFT membership please click this link.
3 Month Membership
Runs for three months from the date of payment and must be paid in full.
- Adult: £150
- Student/Concession/Junior/Over 60: £120
1 Month Membership
Runs for one month from the date of payment and must be paid in full.
- Adult: £62.50
- Student/Concession/Junior/Over 60: £52.50
12 for 10 pass
Buy twelve visits in bulk and only pay for ten of them!
- Adult: £85
- Student/Concession/Junior/Over 60: £75
Annual Family Memberships (children up to 17)
For at families of 2 or more including at least 1 under 18.
Pay full price for first membership (either adult or concession for students or under 18s), then additional memberships are added on at the rates below.
1st additional under 18:
- One-off payment: £55
- 12 monthly instalments: £5.50 p/m
Each additional under 18 thereafter:
- One-off payment: £40
- 12 monthly instalments: £4.00 p/m
2nd adult membership:
- One-off payment: £350
- Monthly instalments: £32.50
For more information about paying by Standing Order please click this link.
Full, monthly and 3 monthly members are entitled to use the facility at any time whilst The Climbing Works is open, subject to the following condition:
The Climbing Works will be shut to the public (including ANNUAL MEMBERS) for a MAXIMUM of 14 days per year. This will include the following: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, essential maintenance days (e.g. route setting or other renovation work), competition days (e.g. international events), private hire days (e.g. corporate or sponsors days) and other unspecified days.
Annual members will receive the following additional benefits:
- 10% discount off all items from our shop (excluding sale items, special offers, or Non-VAT items like books & kids clothes/shoes)
- Other benefits will be announced as and when!!