External groups and coaches
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING CORONAVIRUS CHANGES:
This page has not been fully updated following changes implemented for our reopening on 25th July. For the most up to date information please see our COVID Info page here.
The Climbing Works welcomes private coaching, school groups, outdoor centres and other external groups with their own instructors / coaches. If you wish to use The Climbing Works as a venue for your clients / groups we require copies of the following documents:
CWI / CWA (or higher) certificate
Valid first aid certificate
Public liability insurance documents
- Please ensure you have read and understood our Rules and Conditions of use before using the centre
- Instructors need to have a minimum of Climbing Wall Award/Instructor (assessed) to supervise groups of 3 or more clients within The Climbing Works.
- We work on a maximum 1:8 ratio for all groups, if you have a larger group you will need to ensure you have the enough instructors / assistant instructors to cater for this.
- You will be asked to fill out a supervision form for every group / client you bring in.
- We are open to arranging special sessions out of normal opening hours for groups with time constraints, subject to prior consultation.
- Group participants who are not Climbing Works members should be closely supervised at all times by the instructor.
Pricing from 1st February 2019
Instructing / coaching fee:
- £4.50 per session, per instructor.
Please note that this is fee is charged per session & per instructor for external instructing / coaching. If instructors are wanting to climb before or after group sessions they will need to pay for a normal entry as well.
This fee is waived for school groups.
Group size of 3 or more clients
- Peak (midweek from 4pm & weekends): £7.00
- Offpeak (midweek before 4pm): £5.50
- Shoe hire: £2
Group size of 1 or 2 clients