External groups and coaches
The Climbing Works welcomes private coaching, school groups, outdoor centres and other external groups with their own instructors / coaches. If you wish to use The Climbing Works as a venue for your clients / groups we require copies of the following documents:
CWI / CWA (or higher) certificate
Valid first aid certificate
Public liability insurance documents
- Please ensure you have read and understood our Rules and Conditions of use before using the centre
- Instructors need to have a minimum of Climbing Wall Award/Instructor (assessed) to supervise groups of 3 or more clients within The Climbing Works.
- We work on a maximum 1:8 ratio for all groups, if you have a larger group you will need to ensure you have the enough instructors / assistant instructors to cater for this.
- You will be asked to fill out a supervision form for every group / client you bring in.
- We are open to arranging special sessions out of normal opening hours for groups with time constraints, subject to prior consultation.
- Group participants who are not Climbing Works members should be closely supervised at all times by the instructor.
Pricing from 1st February 2019
Instructing / coaching fee:
- £4.50 per session, per instructor.
Please note that this is fee is charged per session & per instructor for external instructing / coaching. If instructors are wanting to climb before or after group sessions they will need to pay for a normal entry as well.
This fee is waived for school groups.
Group size of 3 or more clients
- Peak (midweek from 4pm & weekends): £7.00
- Offpeak (midweek before 4pm): £5.50
- Shoe hire: £2
Group size of 1 or 2 clients