Climbing for children with additional needs such as behavior problems, ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, asperger's and children on the Autistic Spectrum has shown to
- Develop positive recreation skills
- Increase muscle tone and motor skills
- Develop trust and relationship building skills
- Increase self-esteem and empowerment
- Promote independence, health and wellness
- Enjoy themselves in a safe and controlled Environment
We usually work with small groups or in a 1:1 situation providing a safe environment for children to grow in confidence and participate within a sport. We have had great success working with Sheffield's ACCTS group, The Children's NHS and several SEN schools in the local area providing one - off or weekly sessions.
For those children who found climbing to be their hobby, we have seen several become Junior Members and participate in our Youth Club, some have make it into our Talent Program where they climb as part of a group. Other are committed to have a 1:1 session every week/fortnight.
If you have a child or group that you think would benefit from climbing please contact Ruth@climbingworks.com for more details