Weekly Updates - March 2016
The Rab CWIF is taking part on the 12/13th March and it's going to be a cracking weekend. You can read more about the actual climbing competition on our CWIF page here but below you will find out a general overview of what else is happening over the weekend
- The Rab CWIF Social Hub: A new part of The CWIF will be this large area which will be comprising a cafe, bar, retail and chill out area. We'll also be showing some classic ShAFF films over the weekend. The retail area will have Rab & Scarpa showcasing new 2016 products and some amazing one-off deals! Scroll down to see a map of where this will be within the business park.
- A FREE BBQ on the Sunday (c.3pm) with meat from Roneys Butchers and a selection of veggie burgers.
- We've also been given a load of giveaways from our sponsors Rab, Berghaus & Scarpa which we will be dispensing throughout the weekend.
- We're also hosting a raffle with some great prizes, again donated by our sponsors, which will hopefully get some much needed cash in the charity boxes. There will be 3 prizes with well over £1000 worth of kit up for grabs. You can purchase raffle tickets at anytime over the weekend.
- For the Final this year we will be ticketing 100 prime seats, right in front of the Berghaus Competition wall. All monies will go to our chosen charities (CAC & Sheffield Hospitals Charity). We're doing this as in previous years people have 'camped' out on seats for hours in the buildup. We'd rather have you walk around and enjoy the festival / social hub and raise some funds for charity. Tickets cost £3 and can be bought here - The rest of the seats will be on a first-come basis and will not be ticketed.
- The Rab CWIF is part of The Outdoor City Weekender event. Find out what else is going on in Sheffield here>>
- You can combine The Rab CWIF with some films at ShAFF on Sunday as ShAFF will be showing the Final on a big screen from 6.30pm. Find out more here>>
With so much going on we'd like to get some volunteers to help out over the weekend. We need 6 people to help out with some of the above (and scoring problems during quals on Saturday) so if you're keen to be part of the weekend then get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org
Those willing to help out will be treated very nicely by The Climbing Works with goodies given out in return for help. These goodies are likely to be very nice and unique!!