News - April 2021
We'll back back open from 10am on Monday 12 April alongside gyms and other indoor sports venues as part of the government's gradual easing of lockdown!
While case numbers are relatively low compared to December and many of the most vulnerable have now been vaccinated it is still important that you continue to do your bit to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus to help us avoid further restrictions and enable a more timely exit from lockdown. When you come back in to climb please remember the government best practice on your visits:
- Sanitise your hands on arrival, throughout your sessions and when you leave.
- Face masks are still required at all times in the centre unless you are exempt. They can be removed while actually climbing, but we advise you to leave them on if you can
- Be considerate to other centre users and maintain a 2m distance from those outside your household or support bubble. Ensure you follow government guidelines on your visits and don't exercise / socialise with people outside your household or support bubble until the next stage of lockdown easing (hopefully on 17th May!).
- We'll be opening all the windows that we can and will have extractors on where available to maximise airflow in our centres. It might get a little chilly at times (where did the heatwave go?), so remember to bring an extra layer particularly for warming up, but don't shut the windows!
Our conditions of use are very similar to when we closed due to lockdown these are the key points from the more recent restrictions from that point:
- Climb alone or in your household bubble
- Hot drinks are takeaway only
- No adult group coached sessions (U18 sessions are allowed)
For full details please visit climbingworks.com/covid
- The Climbing Works and the Mini Works