Climbing Works Customer Re-Registration
We’re currently switching to a new entry system. This will allow us to reduce our reliance on paper forms, will add customer photos to accounts to reduce misuse of accounts and will enable customers with full memberships and pre-paid entries to use a quick check in at the main reception to reduce queuing at busier times.
We’ll require all of our existing customers to register onto the new system, to ensure that we have all of your details up to date. We are currently using the existing database to process new entries up until 13/05/2019, at which point we will be recording entries on our new system.
To register on the new system please fill out a digital registration form either on a tablet at reception, or online via our website here (using PC, smartphone or tablet), then talk to a member of staff on your next visit so we can transfer that information to your new account. If you climb here regularly please do this at a quiet time on your next visit to reduce queuing, as ALL customers will have to do this on their first visit from the 13/05/2019.
Pre-Paid Full Memberships and Entries
If you have an existing full membership (month, 3-month or annual) or pre-paid entries (a 12 for 10) then we will be able to transfer these over to your new account on your 1st visit after the 13/05/2019.
We’ll be introducing a quick check in for Adult & Junior Climbers with Full Memberships & Pre-Paid Entries.
Customers supervising Novices will still need to talk with our staff on each visit as you’ll need to add your names to a Daily Novice Supervision sheet.
Changes of terminology
Some of the terminology that we use to describe our customers is changing; the term Member will now only refer to registered customers with pre-paid month, 3 month or annual Full Membership.
- Adult Climber (or Adult Unsupervised Climber)
- Able to climb without supervision in the Climbing Works, Mini Works & Unit E.
- Can sign in and supervise up to 2 Adult or Under 18 Novices (or 1 Under 5 Novice at weekends and during school holidays) in the Climbing Works and the Mini Works.
- Junior Climber (or Junior (14-17) Unsupervised Climber)
- Able to climb in Climbing Works and Mini Works without supervision.
- Can climb in Unit E with the additional specific consent of their parent / guardian when accompanied by another Junior Climber or Adult Climber.
- Cannot supervise Novices.
- Adult Supervisor (or Adult Mini Works Supervisor)
- Can sign in and supervise up to 2 Under 18 Novices (or 1 Under 5 Novice at weekends and during school holidays) in the Mini Works.
- Would need to be signed in by an Adult Climber if they want to climb themselves.
- Adult Novice
- Can climb under the supervision of an Adult Climber in the Climbing Works and the Mini Works.
- Under 18 Novice
- Can climb under the supervision of an Adult Climber in the Climbing Works and Mini Works, or an Adult Supervisor in the Mini Works.
Unit E Access for Junior Climbers
Junior Climbers (14-17 year olds registered to climb without supervision) will be permitted access the climbing area, but not the gym / training room, of Unit E from 13/05/2019 on completion of a ‘Junior Climber – Unit E Consent’ form by their parent or guardian where they agree that they and the Junior Climber understand the additional risks involved with climbing over there.
Novices will need to fill out a digital registration form (on the tablets at our receptions or online through our website on a PC, smartphone or tablet), then talk to a member of staff to be added onto the entry system. They’ll then report to reception with their supervising adult on each visit to be checked in and get signed in on the Daily Novice Supervision sheet.
- New Adult Climbers or Junior Climbers - £3
- Existing Adult Climbers or Junior Climbers - FREE
- Adult Supervisors - Included in induction fee
- Adult Novice or Under 18 Novice - FREE
- The Climbing Works and the Mini Works