News - September 2013
The Evolv Winter Bouldering League returns to the Climbing Works this November, with four rounds - one each month until February.
The dates for your diaries are:
Friday 15th November 2013
Friday 13th December 2013
Friday 10th January 2014
Friday 7th February 2014
To enter the competition costs your normal entrance fee + £2 for a scorecard.
Time: 6pm - 10pm
More details to follow!
- The Climbing Works
Our FiveTen approach shoe clearance sale now has further reductions as we reach the final few sizes. Now with more than 50% off the retail price these are deals not to be missed. Check out the shoes below, and click the product name to see if we have your size.
- The Climbing Works
The days are getting shorter and the weather cooler, and some of us begin to feel we might be solar-powered as we wake up to another darkened morning - but it's the time of year when the leaves start falling off the trees ready to be crunched underfoot, the Peak District changes colour in a spectacular fashion, wonderful cloud inversions can be seen in the valleys in the mornings and best of all, the grit comes back into nick! You will almost certainly find yourself reaching for an extra layer these days, maybe you've even released your beanie hat from its summer incarceration under the bed, swapping shorts for trousers perhaps, no sandals, more socks...
To help you, and your winter wardrobe, we've got our new seasonal clothing arriving in the shop over the next month or so, beginning with Blurr and Prana.
The Prana range is stellar as usual, with autumnal colours, soft and cosy fabrics and the detailing you've come to expect from their previous offerings. See below for a quick snapshot of just some of the items now in stock, and visit our Shop to find out more and view the rest.
1. Prana Retro Tee - now available in Indian Red (shown above), White and Green.
2. Prana Limited Edition Chalkbag - highly detailed chalkbags available in two unique designs and signed by Chris Sharma and Steph Davies: a percentage of the sale goes to charity.
3. Prana Women's Kari Jacket - warm and cosy women's jacket with striped detailing and hood.
4. Prana Driftwood Crew - available in Espresso (shown above) and Charcoal.
5. Prana Kravitz Cord - soft blue cords with a bit of stretch for easy movement.
6. Prana Asylum Flannel - the perfect longsleeved shirt to pull on when the weather turns a bit chilly or to use as a lightweight jacket on those inbetweeny September days.
7. Prana Women's Jett Jeans - skinny, stretch denim with a plaid pattern which makes them just that bit more special than your ordinary blue jeans.
- Climbing Works