Events - January 2015
NEW for 2015
The 'Training Works' package is ideal for independent and experienced climbers with a strong
motivation to push their climbing grade. With proficient technique and movement skills.
Training Works climbers will be looking to build upon their existing experience base to develop their
physical capabilities, tactical skills and nutritional/lifestyle habits.
*As we will be exploring training management a basic understanding of training principles is
desirable but by no means essential.
Training Works is a unique 6 week coaching package designed and delivered by GB international
Over the 12 quality hours of coaching, you will learn new and innovative ways to maximise your
training and boost your climbing performance in 2015.
Just a few of the aspects we will cover are:
Preparing your body for high quality training
Controllable gains through tactics and strategy
Fuelling your athletic body
Managing your training effectively
You will also receive a mobility kit included within the package price
6 week package £149
Monday Evenings 7.00pm - 9.00pm
For further information or booking please email email@example.com
Only 10 spaces available
- The Climbing Works
2nd Round of The E-WoBL begins Thursday 8th Jan 2015
The Climbing Works Winter bouldering competition series is having a bit of makeover this year. Out goes the 'one night only' competition format and in comes a bouldering ladder format. We will be setting problems as normal on the Berghaus Competition wall but you will have a longer time to try them and be in with a chance to win some prizes from Evolv.
The Evolv Works Bouldering Ladder (Evolv WoBL) has 2 rounds only and will finish on the 26th Jan 2015.
Summary of the competition rules are:
- 2 Rounds only: 4th Dec and Jan 8th.
- Pick up a scorecard from reception for £2
- Score yourself on the problems on the Berghaus Competition wall - 15 points for a flash, 10 points for any go after that (If we find anyone cheating they will be barred from The Climbing Works for a year).
- There will be 20 problems set on the first date of each comp and then 10 more set 11 days later. You then have a week from the 2nd set to get your scorecards back in.
- Prizes on offer include Evolv Bouldering Mats, Climbing Shoes and shop vouchers worth up to £200!
We'll release more information next week but get the below dates in your diary
1st Set: Thursday 4th Dec
2nd Set: Monday 15th Dec
Hand in scorecard by Monday 22nd Dec (Prize winners announced before Christmas!)
1st Set: Thursday 8th Jan
2nd Set: Monday 19th Jan
Hand in scorecard by Monday 26th Jan 2015
The Beastmaker International Footless Festival
A very unique competition, the Beastmaker Internatonal Footless Festival, comes alive at The Climbing Works on Saturday 31st January 2015.
This is not a competition for the stylish slab climber - the BIFF is all about power and strength in the upper body. All problems will be footless and there will be a range of stupidly set blocs and challenges that will not test the competitors mental ability.
We would like to give you more details about the format and style of 'problems' to expect but that would spoil the fun. Expect idiotic problems, bizarre challenges, points awarded (and taken away) at the whim of the Judges, music, pizza, beer and lots and lots of fun.
Competitor spaces are limited to 50 and spectators to 200. Spectators are very welcome and encouraged. You’ll get to see some ridiculous feats of strength from some very strong climbers and it will be a very good laugh. Tickets are £2 (which goes straight to Climbers Against Cancer). There will be pizza and beer available to purchase for spectators (or foolish climbers!) on the night.
Comp starts promptly at 8pm. If you are competing then make sure you are there early to get warmed up and ready to go. Time will be pretty tight so if you want to have a go on everything, get there early.
- You can register to compete on the day (from 7pm). We have invited about 20 of the strongest climbers in the country, and there is space for a further 30 competitors. Registration for these 30 is on a first come first served basis, starting at 7pm on the day of the event. Get there early to ensure a place.
- Competitors will pay normal Climbing Works entrance fee (you can / should come earlier to warm up and be ready to compete) + a minimum £2 donation to CAC. We may be swayed to add extra points to those who donate handsomely to CAC at registration.
- 10-ish “boulder problems / challenges" that will range from 'easy' to brick hard - Hopefully something for everyone!
- Points awarded at the whim of judges and maybe in some kindof scientific way. Bonus points will be awarded for style, feats of strength, hilarity, vast donations to CAC etc. etc. The format is pretty relaxed with unlimited attempts on each problem. This is not a flash comp so there is no need to get nervous!
- Spectator tickets will be available from The Climbing Works reception. Cost is £2 per ticket with all proceeds going to Climbers Against Cancer (CAC website). Tickets available from Monday 12th January.
- There will be a raffle with prizes from 5.10, Wild Country and Beastmaker. All proceeds from this will also go to CAC.
keep up to date on going on's with more details on the BIFF facebook page>>